POA Rules - Golf
See Article 8 - Golf, of the Quail Creek Property Owners Association Rules, located in Governing Documents.
See also Golf Cart Safety
QCMGA Local Rule MLRE-5 Alternative to Stroke and Distance for Lost Ball or Ball Out of Bounds
Pace of Play
These guidelines have been established to ensure golfers understand Pace of Play (POP) expectations resulting in a reasonable and pleasurable round of golf for all and to provide course rangers with guidelines for enforcement.
- A group is expected to complete 18 holes in 4 hours or less.
- A group is expected to complete 9 holes in 2 hours or less.
Special conditions such as cart path only, shotgun play, and tournament play will result in slower rounds than original expectations.
Tournament Committees may elect to assess penalties for violation of Pace of Play guidelines.
Your place on the golf course should be immediately behind the group ahead of you – not simply in front of the group behind you.
Quail Creek rangers will help you keep play moving. If your group falls one hole behind, you will be approached by the ranger and asked to close the gap.
If your group fails to catch the gap, the ranger will ask you to:
- if feasible, allow the group behind you to play through, or
- ask you to pick up and move to the next hole. If the gap is still not closed and maintained, you may be asked to leave the golf course.
Quail Creek rangers are charged with the following:
- Keeping the golf course moving at the POP standard.
- Enforcing the rules and regulations of the golf course.
- Providing assistance to golfers as needed.
Members and guests are expected to respect the directions of the ranger staff as they are on the course to help make everyone’s round more enjoyable. Any problems with the course rangers should be directed to the golf professional staff.